Snr SQL Developer
A leading financial services institution is seeking the expertise of a Snr SQL Developer to design, develop and maintain solutions to support data cleansing, migration and reconciliation activity in MS SQL Server T-SQL integration Services and related tools.
- Deliver a robust, testable, repeatable framework of jobs and scripts for migrating data and producing reconciliation reports to confirm success or failure.
- Work with third party suppliers to understand their software APIs and integrate them with solutions to load and extract data.
- Identify and solve performance bottlenecks in SQL Server and database platforms.
- Manage MS SQL Server database environments that support data migration and backups and recoveries in test environments.
- Only use approved technologies when developing systems and adhere to department, industry and regulatory standards.
- Provide support for solutions, including analysis, issue tracking and resolution.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Diploma in IT preferred
7-10 years solid experience in a data warehousing environment and development framework.
Minimum 7+ years of practical experience with SQL Server (e.g. 2008, 2012, 2014).
Minimum 7+ years scripting, tuning, debugging, troubleshooting and other advanced SQL concepts
Experience in the financial services industry
Expert Transact- SQL skills and the ability to create complex queries, stored procedures, user-defined functions, views, and other database objects.
Exposure to big data.
Experience in report writing and user interaction. And in managing/creating datamarts, dimension modelling and facts
5+ years working experience in the field of data warehousing and BI.
Exposure to mainstream Microsoft BI tools is a requirement. An added advantage is exposure to Cognos, QlickView, Tableau or similar.
Advanced Excel, OLAP and presentation skills.
Familiar with a semantic layer and designing frameworks for reporting and analysis.
Cube development using SSAS is.
ETL knowledge (SSIS).
You must sign in to apply for this position.