Solution Architect – Contract
Our Financial Services client seeks to engage the services of a Solution Architect on an initial 6 month contract basis.
The Solution Architect primarily works under the guidance of the Senior Solutions Architect and with the domain experts and business solution designers and architects to craft a solution that is fit from a business and IT perspective. Consequently, they focus their attention on a smaller facet of service (the solution package) to make sure that it operates effectively as part of the whole as well as independently as a stand-alone solution.
They focus on the technical and business feasibility of a solution and ensures that it fits within well-established patterns and guidelines laid down by architecture governance. They also take responsibility for the quality, commercial compliance and technical integrity of the solution being delivered back into the business and work actively with teams from across the operational space (both internal subject matter experts and those of the chosen suppliers).
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensures delivery fits within the guidelines published by solution practice architects and is in compliance with the IT strategy.
· Oversees the implementation of new integration services to ensure they adhere to the signed off solution architecture designs.
· Ability to explain the complex in layman’s terms to bring technology to the masses.
· Accepts and lives the company values.
· Accountable for service delivery through own efforts.
· Collaborates effectively with others to achieve personal results.
· Individually accountable for managing own time, tasks and output quality for periods of 3 months to 1 year.
· Assist in the demand and workload planning for projects that they are involved in.
· Provides options and recommendations to business stakeholders to ensure that they can make the best business decisions based on the different solution alternatives and patterns.
· Analyses business processes to determine how IT investment could deliver value through improved cycle times, lower costs and improved quality.
· Builds the detailed transition plan for the more effective exploitation of IT investments.
· Defines a solution and ensure that it: Meets the business requirements. Meets the non-functional requirements. Fits within the guidelines published by the solution practice architects. Is in compliance with the IT strategy. Can be readily leveraged by other parts of the business.
· Responds to stakeholder needs and influences the development of alternative solutions.
You must sign in to apply for this position.